All payment methods allow you to make Gift Aid declarations. This means that Canopy can increase the value of your donation by claiming back tax you may have previously paid.
Canopy does not receive any direct statutory funding. Numerous charitable trusts and grant giving bodies have generously supported our work over the years, both in our establishment and ongoing projects. Additionally we receive rental income from our renovated properties which we invest back into our ongoing work.
We are also supported by Leeds City Council, the local Housing Arms Length Management Organisations (ALMOs) and local housing associations in our work, through the acquisition of suitable properties which we turn onto homes.
Why support Canopy?
Our work is about bringing people together, changing lives and tapping
into the potential, within individuals, and within communities and neighbourhoods.
Our work produces many benefits and has relevance to a number of issues
and related strategies at local and national levels.
• improved community cohesion and confidence, bringing people together,
participating in a collaborative activity and working to improve the local
• reducing homelessness and creating sustainable and supported
tenancies, particularly in hard to let areas
• creating decent quality housing which is locally managed
• reducing numbers of empty properties and improving the built
environment by reducing the impact of dereliction on local communities.
• tackling social exclusion by involving, engaging and supporting
beneficiaries particularly from disadvantaged backgrounds
• improved integration opportunities and social networks for isolated
groups and individuals through a supportive environment, practical activities
and team working
• providing training, practical skill learning opportunities and
pathways to other educational and employment options
• creating quality volunteering opportunities for a diverse group
of people, particularly including young people
If you would like further information about how you can support please contact us